Vision and Values
Belong, believe, achieve
Co-op Academy Portland will provide the highest standards of teaching and learning, by inspiring, challenging and equipping our pupils with the passion and skills to become lifelong learners.
We believe in the Co-operative Values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
Our pupils and staff show these values through our ‘Ways of Being’;
- Do what matters most
- Be yourself, always
- Show you care
- Succeed together
As a school we we will strive to:
- Provide a creative, challenging curriculum that raises aspirations, inspires learners to achieve their full potential and provides them with the life skills for their future health and well-being.
- Develop curious, confident, independent and resilient learners who are reflective and resourceful
- Create an inclusive learning environment where differences are respected, individual achievements are celebrated and stereotypes challenged
- Develop responsible citizens and members of the wider community who value achievement and treat others with respect and consideration
- Build strong links with our families and the broader community to develop and achieve together.