Newsletter | October 2019
Parents Evening/ Week
Many thanks to all those who are attending, I hope you find it informative and helpful. Your involvement is key to your child making good progress in school.
Individual School Photographs
Don’t forget the photographer will be in school on Wednesday 23rd October. We shall follow our normal time scales, starting at 9am. If children have siblings in our school, they will have their photograph taken as a group.
As there has been a slight amendment made to our INSET dates, I wanted to confirm our final three for this academic year, when pupils will not be in school:
- Tuesday 10th December, 2019
- Tuesday 24th March, 2020
- Monday 20th July, 2020
- Thursday 24th October – Halloween Disco (further details enclosed)
- Friday 25th October – Non-uniform Day (bottle donation)
- Thursday 28th November – Bingo
- Friday 29th November – Non-uniform Day (chocolate donation)
- Thursday 12th December – Christmas Fayre
- Tuesday 17th December – Pantomime
Entry to School in the morning
A big thank you for your support in coming to school at 8:45am, if your child would like to have breakfast in class. This has really helped to get the pupils into school for a prompt start.
Wow, over 60 parents and carers visited us on Wednesday 16th October to enjoy a book or two in their child’s classroom. Also, a big thank you to the PTA for providing tea/coffee in Cosy Corner following it.
Thank you to all of those who have recently replied to our Parental Feedback letter. We will now review the answers and look into the possibility of an evening Christmas Performance. We will also contact some companies regarding before and after school care.
As it proved popular at our last disco, we will be holding it in 3 stages depending on Key Stage. Entrance to the disco will be £1.00 per child, paid at the door.
- EYFS 3:00pm – 3:45pm. We would ask that parents/carers stay at school during the disco should there be any problems with our youngest children. Come and have a tea/coffee and some cake in the staff room, while the children have fun at the disco.
- KS1 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- KS2 5:00pm – 5:45pm
We will not allow any children to walk home alone. It is very dark when the disco finishes, so please ensure a responsible adult collects your child promptly at the end of their disco.
As usual there will be Tuck Shop and there will be prizes for the best costume, so wear your clothes for your Halloween parties!
Last Day of Term
We finish at normal time on Friday 25th October for Half Term. We will be holding a non-uniform day and asking for any donations of bottles towards our Christmas Fayre.
I hope you all have a safe and happy break!
Mrs K Allen