Letter to Parents/Carers RE Partial Closure
The academy has now received instructions to partially close in line with the government’s national approach to delaying the spread of COVID-19. This means that the academy will be open only for Y2 to Y6 inclusive to students from Wednesday 18th March 2020 until further notice. We will keep you up to date as and when we find out more and as and when the situation changes.
During this period of time, students should remain at home and avoid gathering in large groups. The academy has made provision for continuing to provide education by packs of work provided by class teachers today. Throughout the partial closure, academy staff will continue to monitor the main school email address and we will do our best to reply to all messages and enquiries throughout the working day. In addition to these channels of communication, we are also making a mobile number available for students or parents to use if they have any safeguarding concerns or emergencies. Please help us to keep this number available by only using it if you have an urgent safeguarding concern. Until the mobile phone number is available, please contact us via the School Office on 0151 652 5124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have many students who are entitled to free school meals. The Co-op have provided vouchers for these families to help them provide food during this time. Information regarding availability and collection will be provided in due course via the website and Facebook. If you experience any particular issues around this, or find that you are struggling to provide food, please contact the School Office who will be able to help. We are keen to offer help in a sensitive and discrete way.
Throughout this period, the best advice we can give is to:
- Keep things calm and in perspective so that students do not worry
- Keep your children indoors so that they are supervised, safe and can engage with the remote learning that has been provided
- Promote good hygiene by encouraging your children to wash their hands more regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- Follow the national guidance (https://www.gov.uk) if you or your family develop symptoms of the virus
- Keep checking the academy website and parent app for updates
Thank you for your support and understanding at the difficult time.
Mrs K Allen