Letter to Parents/Carers RE Remote Learning Using Phone Data
Dear Parents / Carers,
Increasing Mobile Phone Data
Co-op Academy Portland’s remote learning is up and running. We have been working from our remote learning plans since November to ensure equity and fairness for children in school, and for those children who were unfortunate enough to have to isolate.
There was a technical glitch on Year 1 and Year 3 remote plans this week where school could see the information but parents and children could not see this at home, this should be ironed out now; may thanks for your patience with us.
Teaching remotely isn’t easy, particularly as every single one of our teachers are in school and teaching. We will, unfortunately, have to rely on a mainly digital work-based system, although you can request a paper-based pack, too. Extra workbooks and resources will be available for collection or delivery too before too long.
With this in mind, we are able to apply for increased home data to ensure your children can work remotely through yours or their mobile device.
Who can get help?
This scheme is open to children and young people who:
- don’t have access to a fixed broadband connection
- cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
- have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
Which networks are offering this?
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
What information do we need to collect?
To request extra mobile data, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- the account holder’s name
- their mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- their mobile network
- whether they pay monthly or pay as they go
Please send in the details and we will do the rest.
Mrs Peace and Team